Protesters face off with UC Davis campus police

Student protesters just faced off with UC Davis campus police on the Quad. At approximately 3:30 p.m., police officers marched to the protesters. After protesters refused to leave, police arrested at 10 individuals, nine of which were students. Officers also pepper-sprayed students in the face who were sitting down and linking arms.
Over 200 protesters were on the Quad during the police action. The police left the Quad around 5 p.m. and protesters dispersed.

– Hannah Strumwasser 

Editor’s Note: As of 8:24 a.m. on Nov. 19, this article has been updated to reflect new information.

26 Comments on this Post

1. artcorvelet

Where is The Aggie’s proof that nine of the ten are students?
    Have heard other news organizations quoting a ‘local paper’
    as the source of that reporting and assume the responsibility
    is yours.

1. By kredit ohne schufa on April 28, 2013 at 9:35 am

kredit ohne schufa…

So, so, und was verlangen Sie fuer den Kopf?…

2. […] More photos can be found here. […]

3. […] The photo below, by Jasna Hodzic, is among those used by major media. More pictures from the pepper spray incident at the California Aggie website. […]

4. By Occupy Wall Street Updates « Did You Know on November 19, 2011 at 3:52 pm

[…] them. You can’t see from this video, but reports and photos from the campus newspaper, the California Aggie, show that the students were sitting in a circle around a small group of tents at an encampment in […]

5. By Balloon Juice » Occupy’s Friends in High Places on November 19, 2011 at 5:19 am

[…] you look at the pictures of the UC Davis encampment in the campus newspaper, it was occupying a tiny bit of space. Linda […]